Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cottonwood Creek

I decided to set a somewhat long-term goal for myself here at Cottonwood Creek.  My goal will be very beneficial for the children.  I am calling it "Cool Keyboard Kids."  I am going to teach the children how to type without looking.  I am also going to show the children how they are supposed to sit while they type.

On this site www.freetypinggame.net/play.asp I found a game called Keyboard Triathlon, I think it will be a very good game to start the children with.  Once I see that the children are making progress I am going to cover the keyboard with a sheet of paper to see how they do and if they remember the keys. Once the children and I accomplish this goal, they will only get better and learn to type faster as time goes by.  With this new knowledge of how to type the children are going to feel accomplished and confident.