Friday, March 1, 2013

Parksdale


Since our weather has been nice, the students and I decided to go out and do some outdoor activities.  Half of the students went out and played football, while the other half went out and played freeztag.  I think having our students play outside is good for their health...it keeps them fit and it helps them to stay in shape.  Our children come alive in the outdoors...when it's this nice outside you can't blame them for not wanting to be inside the computer lab. Sometimes the simplest outdoor activities leave the most lasting memories for the kids.

As far as today, I'm going to print, laminate and cut out word cards.  Once I print the recording sheets, I'll place the word cards throughout the room for the students to find.  Then the students will search the room for Shamrock Syllable cards.  How fun!  Once students locate the word cards, they will read the words, count the syllables and write the words on the recording sheets according to the correct number of syllables in each word.  The final piece will be having the students read their words to me.