Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lincoln Plaza

Our mustache and kisses bouquet is finally complete!

Hello Coordinators,

This week we have begun to work on our pinatas which will take us all week to do. We began Tuesday and we will finish them throughout the week. The students are so excited...I made sure to tell them to be creative with them and this is an activity I have done in the past, working at other after school programs. I showed them a few pictures of some that students in the past have done such as an Angry Bird, another did Mickey Mouse, while I in the past made an Ice Cream Cone.

So many of my students at Lincoln Plaza have opened that creativity box and have come up with different ideas, one project revolves around a balloon shaped object and from there they will add on. The Hello Kitty project really stood out. I asked this particular student if she could do the project, her response to me "I can do it because I just have to try." I know I will see the creativity evolve throughout this week. How fun! Also, since this week is the last week of signing up for reading with a superstar, many of the students are really involved and have set up to reading for 40 minutes or at least 2-3 books depending on the length of the book. Many of my students said the books are a little easy but that they are books that are interesting and fun to read. That alone shows that they are beginning to like to read!!! Go Kids!!!