Thursday, October 4, 2012

Washington Plaza


Hello everyone!

Hopefully all of you are having a great week!

Here at Washington Plaza we are fortunate enough to have our very own little room aside from the community room and computer lab.  For now it fits perfectly for role-playing as "students and teachers." The day before they play I'll talk to the teachers and help them develop a plan for the next day.  I was really surprised how much they enjoyed playing this.

It helps develop leadership skills...I also notice how a teacher might start out shy but they really get into their role as the hour passes by.  I also notice how the kids have learned to adapt and change because they have to deal with different ages.

I don't know where I read this, but all the kids here agree, "teaching ain't easy."