Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lincoln Plaza


Good Afternoon Educators,


As mentioned before, today I start educating my kids about RESILIANCY and BULLY AWARENESS. With this I have chosen an excellent program in which is funded and collaboration with the WWE. This program has been successful thanks to the efforts of the messages it teaches and tips on preventing and how to end school bullying. I have chosen to use Be a Star program and have expanded it to last for the remainder of the month. This week we will begin the first lesson in Introduction to Bullying and Explore Empathy. The best way for me to do this is show the video clip this program offers.

This week I also am focusing on some more arts and crafts with focusing on Halloween. We will be doing some more bats and witches to decorate our computer lab. So, primarily finish all of our last week’s projects this week. It’s always good to get a project that lasts more than a week so the students expand on their creativity and get their minds working so they know how creative they can get.

Tip of the week, at the end of the day I understand cleaning up is always hard for one person...the best thing I have come to do with my students is assigning each student a chore and rotate chores every week. This not only teaches them responsibility to clean up after themselves and how to keep our centers clean; but it teaches them respect in having some sort of respect for the center and how to appreciate it.

Have a Good Week!

“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela