Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Lincoln Plaza


This week is Halloween and my students and I have really worked hard this month on creating fun and exciting projects, so because some of my students won't be able to go out trick or treating I have decided to bring it to them into throwing them a movie night. Now of course I chose appropriate Halloween movies in where every student here at Lincoln Plaza can watch them.

I did get some lets watch Chucky, however keeping in mind my younger grades, I have decided to keep it safe in where everyone can enjoy the movie night. This week the girls and I have decided to do a nail day in where the girls are allowed to bring nail polish and we can all do nails. As for the boys they are allowed to play the Wii and because the girls are doing a girl project the boys were allowed to play Super Mario brothers and have tournaments amongst each other. Since November is right around the corner we are also beginning our November projects.

This coming month of November we have many events going on here at the plaza from birthdays to thanksgiving and the Marine Corps birthday. Students here at Lincoln Plaza will be making a thank you card to our service men and I will be taking it to them two days before the Marine Corps Birthday. I find this to be excellent simply for the fact it helps students understand that we have men and women who are willing to sacrifice their lives for individuals they have never met before. I have figured out a way into tying this into my anti bullying campaign which this week our focus is Courage and Morality. Pictures will be up as soon as possible.