Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Casitas Del sol

 

I thought this was an AWESOME video to show to our students.  I wanted to share for the BLOG.  Livingston is a small community and the majority population is a mixture of Hispanic, Portuguese and Indian.

In the past we’ve studied the Chinese New Year, Cinco de Mayo, Dia de los Muertos...Never did I think about the Indian kids until this article was provided to our school considereing part of the video is filmed here in Livingston.

I viewed it and to my surprise I was not bored or distracted I was curious to learn their traditions!

NOV. IS CAL. SIKH AMERICAN AWARENESS MONTH- Help our Sikh students celebrate next month. November 13th is Diwali, the Sikh and Hindu Festival of Lights.

We will work with Sikh parents and members of the community to celebrate together on Tuesday, Nov. 13th.

There is a 30 minute video, some of which is filmed here in Livingston, that is provided by KVIE Channel 6 and is a good introduction to the Sikh Culture.

The link from the State Superintendent’s notice is:  KVIE Viewfinder Web pg. at click on Ctrl tab and click on link http://www.kvie.org/programs/kvie/viewfinder/sikhs_in_america/default.htm

Once your on the site you can click Video to watch it