Monday, October 29, 2012

Lincoln Plaza


Good Afternoon Coordinators,
 
Here at Lincoln Plaza we are focusing on sports again, as we approach the ending of baseball and with a football season began at full force (GO PATRIOTS) we have decided to do art work with out favorite football teams logos. My students know that I love everything Boston so they weren't surprised that I would chose New England teams. This worked well for me because the students got to learn a little bit about me more, vise versa. I showed them my piece for the the New England Patriots, followed by Boston College's logo, my painting of my New England Revolution logo, and finally I showed them a picture of my favorite football player following with an interesting fact about each team. Many of my students enjoyed this activity...they wanted to go ahead and do one for a basketball and baseball team.
 
This not only introduced new teams to them but many of these students didn't know that college football existed. It was interesting for myself to introduce to them a team which happens to be 1-5 but at the end of the day they enjoyed researching that colleges aren’t just for learning but they do have fun extracurricular activities such as sports. This not only introduced sports but it introduced a new world to many of my students and it was interesting for them to see that education doesn’t just stop after high school. Although many of my students wanted to focus on local teams but I showed them other colleges rather than Fresno State. This is a great exercise to have them ask what has college taught us about life and what do we value most about our educational goals that we have accomplished.
 
Pictures will be up by the end of this week.