Thursday, October 31, 2013

Parksdale II


Hello Everyone,

Before we start any sort of activity, i.e. arts/crafts, I ask to see the kids homework for the day...if they're not done I help them out.  It's so important to help our students with good school/homework behavior.  I've been helping my students the most is reading recently...the reality is most of my students have a hard time reading.  I have them bring their own books from school and they have to read for 10minutes everyday.  I also help the students with there Math homework and with so many online resources like Khan Academy, there are really no excuses for not getting your math homework done.  Most of our students here are A & B students so I'm not to worried.  Some other examples of keeping the kids sharp are offering multiplication/addition/subtraction activities, pop quizzes, reading essays, keeping a journal...the list goes on and on.  The trick is to make learning fun and let them know that learning is a part of life...the more you know...