Monday, October 7, 2013

Cottonwood Creek


Hello to all the coordinators!

These past few weeks we have been fast at work!!  We had a few projects that we worked on and the kids loved them all! To start, we made a friendship bracelet but first we had to make some modifications because it was a bit advanced for some of the kids. The materials were simple, all we needed was yarn to make the bracelet.  For the girls (and most boys) I had a worksheet that had a "how to draw" a character from a book.  The kids loved it and drew and colored the cartoon they had just learned...some even drew "free hand" it was great.

We have been outside a few times in the last two weeks but unfortunately I came down with an awful cold so I stayed home a couple days last week.  But it was not all lost...when the first days of October came around I came up with a fun way to get the kids writing and made a worksheet with the title:" I'm looking forward to October because......" and explained to the kids that they could write about anything they wanted to talk about especially since this is such a fun month which includes Halloween!

Most of them talked about Halloween but others talked about new shows on television and even the nicer weather!  It was great because after the paragraph I got them to draw what they had just wrote about on the bottom half of the page.  To finish off the week I decided to reward the children because they had been very well behaved, so I rented a movie and bought mini popcorn bags for each person. They loved the movie "Diary of a wimpy kid."  I hope that the rest of the month only gets better and more filled with fun!  We have a few fun projects up our sleeves this month so stay connected this month to see the end results.