Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lincoln Plaza


Last week many of my students began to talk about what they wanted on their Valentine’s Day cards and that they asked their parents about them.  However, after much thinking while watching the Patriots game and one thing that really stood out was many of them mentioned that they weren’t probably going to buy any because they had no money.  Another factor that really stood out was when I was a child, I never really saved any of those cards.  So in reality it was a waste of money.  So this week after much thinking about it, I have decided to show my students how to make their own Valentine’s Day cards where some will keep them and later down the road a few will look back and think about that particular grade and who gave it to them. This week and next week these cards will be our focus.  This week they will be learning how to make Cupids Arrow, Heart Bags made out of felt and a Heart Card made from felt as well.