Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lincoln Plaza


As we know, Valentine’s Day is approaching and at Lincoln Plaza we are ready for it. I have shown my students a vast array of easy to make Valentine’s Day cards...many have actually thought about making them rather than buying them. After telling them a story about myself while growing up, going through tough times as does everyone and at the end of the day, after Valentine’s Day is over, the reality of how many of those cards were tossed vs. those that I actually kept. The truth of the matter is, I ended up throwing the majority of them away except a few from close friends. This has made everyone put 100% in finishing up the last of our cards and putting more thought into it along with creativity.

This week I showed my students how to make bouquets of kisses and hearts along with cupid’s wings. However, while surfing the web I came across this clothing line...I happen to know the guy who started it and after doing the lips bouquet, I have decided to add “Proper," which is the name of the brand, to this week’s crafts. Unfortunately I really want it to be a surprise for all the coordinators because whether we want to admit it or not, we all have 1920’s spirit in each of us. This week has also been a surprise to me because more and more kids from the Plaza are coming.  I believe the creativity we have not only shown through our projects but through each individual, sharing what we can do here at the Plaza has enticed more kids to join in the fun. Even the older students, like our teens, are more involved and have backed away from the Facebook Drama!!! Very proud of my teens.