Friday, June 5, 2015

Cottonwood Creek


Hello wonderful coordinators!

The past few weeks has been all about trying to play outdoors and also trying to incorporate writing and reading in a fun way!  I have found a bunch of old vhs cassetts in one of our local thrift shops for a very cheap price so of course I picked them up!  Can't pass up a bargain.  I've also discovered an activity to go along with the movie.  Yea!!!  For instance, about three weeks ago we watched the movie Jumanji...before we watched it I went online to find an activity to follow up the movie.  I found a movie guide that I broke up to play as a game.  It was all comprehension questions but I presented it as a trivia game so the kids really got into it.  While watching the movie I brought cherries for them to enjoy as a healthy treat.  The children really enjoyed playing the game and I knew it was a win win because they were learning to comprehend while watching and taking notes. Since it was a big hit, I tried it again this past week, this time with the movie Monsters inc.  We colored and wrote stories for the storyland wall.  Its been a pretty productive few weeks and its only the begining of summer!  Can't wait for all the awesome summer fun to roll on!