Monday, August 12, 2013

Cottonwood Creek

Greetings from Cottonwood Creek!

After a few rough personal weeks for me, I am back to Cottonwood Creek! 

We had a great week full of fun things to do. The first day back I wanted to ease into it, so we watched "Kung Fu Panda."  The kids loved the movie. So, I looked at the special features that the movie had and found a few activities related to the movie.  I had the kids chose what they wanted to work on from the activities and they choose to make a Chinese lantern. I put the children in pairs because it was a little advanced for them.  It took us a couple of days and a few modifications, but they did their best. I even tried to do some Chinese writing for the kids. 

The older kids are gearing up for the new school year, so we decided to practice our goal setting.  We also went a little further and made a vision board, that way the kids can stay motivated and remind themselves  of the goals they set for themselves this school year.