Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lincoln Plaza

 

The Lincoln Plaza is back in full effect and due to the fact that it is Christmas time, I have had time to reflect with my students on what good things come out of the holiday season.  I was actually shocked when I got the answer because many of them answered its when family time gets together and there is no fighting involved...it was surprising to hear that from many of my students.  Yet it made me come up with an excellent idea.

Its understood that times are tough in this society and I asked many of the students if they had put up a tree yet. Many of them responded no we have no money, so in the spirit of Christmas, all of the students will create Christmas ornaments and place them on the tree here at the plaza.  We began to do them Monday and many of them had so much fun doing them. They saw it as giving back to the community.  So far we have made some reindeer, reeds, and some candy cane decorations. We are looking at other possible ideas such as a nutcracker and a Santa.  This month we are taking it slow and looking at the good things the holiday season brings us.