Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Cottonwood Creek


Hello to all!

Just wanted to report back on some of the crafts we have been working on lately. This month we worked on making the room green by coloring and making four leaf clovers.  We colored and wrote St. Patrick's day themed stories for our storyland wall.  We also colored and cut clovers, pots of gold and even leprechauns for us to hang from our "rainbow" garland that we have hanging across the room.

I got busy working on our windows display with a few of the children.  Every month I try my best to make the front windows that look out to the front of the complex look nice and have a theme.  I do that to make it look pretty but more importantly, to show everyone in the complex how talented the children from Cottonwood Creek are!  This month was all about being green so I wanted to carry on the idea and focus also on the coming Earth Day that happens in April.

I found this template on five things we can do to be "earth day superheros" by listing the things that could help save and keep our planet a happy place to live.  I turned it into sort of a game...we sat around and went in a circle to see what child was able to list the most ways to help our planet (in the end everyone did such a great job, everyone got to use the computer a few extra minutes!).  We compiled a pretty long list and then from there everyone was able to pick the five ways they commit to helping our earth...to make it a better place for all.  I know earth day is not until next month but I couldn't help but do this activity now. 😊 I will keep you posted but for now I will go back on planing how to make an extra special easter egg hunt!  Happy Easter everyone!