Friday, June 6, 2014

Cottonwood Creek


Hola Everyone,

For the past few weeks at Cottonwood Creek, the children have been patiently or not so patiently waiting for summer vacation to arrive!  We have been trying to keep busy with tons of fun activities! (Sorry I haven't been photographing like usual but I do have pictures of some of the activities).  The children chose to color what they plan on doing this summer and then shared their drawings/paintings through story form to the whole group.  The children let their imaginations run wild...the great thing is that they will be involved with our after school activities all summer long.  Gotta keep that Brain muscle strong and firm...I have some wonderful activities planned, so no worries there.

We have tried going outside but this heat has been making it difficult, but when the children absolutely want to play outside we go for as long as I feel it is safe to be in the heat.  Lot's of cool fresh water on hand.  We are really pumped up about the 2014 World Cup which is starting up next week!  WOW!!!  The children are big soccer fans and they decorated the computer lab with a variety of soccer art work/coloring pages that they chose to color themselves!  I was/am excited as well so I decided to get in on the fun and color a page too! This Thursday we celebrated the end of the 2014 school year with a movie and snack.  No more teachers, no more books, no more teachers....wait I'm a teacher :(  We rented the "Little Rascals" movie and I brought ice popsicles so the kids could keep cool!!!