Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lincoln Plaza


Hello to one and all,

Hope everyone had a fun and exciting Valentine's Day.  This week and last week we have begun to decorate our lab and get it ready for St. Patrick's Day.  This week we finished our leprechauns and we had lots of fun making them!!!  My students are so excited to do crafts they hardly use the computers!!!!!!  I did it....I got children to tell me, no I don't want to play on the computer I would rather do a craft.  WOW!!!  Out of the many years I have been working with children it was so amazing to hear that.  This week my students will do some sewing...we will make some beards, some hats, and some pots of gold.

Looking back at all the amazing crafts we have all done, I look back and reflect on that comment made by one of my students. Not only are we there to help with homework but we are there to keep children from going out and doing things they're not suppose to do.  In a way, we are a form of a teacher keeping our children drug free and helping them make good choices.  I have never seen a child so happy to see me pull up and then run to me asking if I need help or what craft are we doing today.  That alone should mean more to us than a thank you, that alone should make us think about why we do our jobs. So my fellow coordinators my question to all of you, why do we love our job?  It's the children...

Please enjoy the children's arts and crafts...and good luck making your own arts and crafts projects for the upcoming season.