Friday, April 19, 2013

Lincoln Plaza


Hello Coordinators,

Here at Lincoln Plaza we are enjoying this weather and taking full advantage of it.  This week we began to do some spring crafts which involved making some tulips and a banner with a Spring setting/theme.  However since it is Spring we are experiencing some allergies (Not Good!)...and my plans of playing Speed Ball didn’t work out, darn allergies.  I made sure the students got that movement/exercise through the wii game console.  This week I brought my wii to the center and we took turns playing it.

If any of you coordinators have a wii, use it...it's a good way to take care of that physical activity indoors especially on those days where allergens are high or when the weather just doesn't want to cooperate.  I made sure to take games that require lots of movement like Just Dance or wii sports.  Towards the end I allowed the kids to pick a fun game (free choice)...they picked Mario Party and for the last 30 minutes they took turns on this really cool and fun game.  It was awesome to see the younger students school the older students on how to take turns and share.  LOL!  Before starting each mini game, before I set the rules of the game, the younger kids had already set the rules with the older kids and it worked out perfectly.  Next week I plan on taking the children out and playing Speed Ball.  Say No to allergies and bad weather.